AZTroopers donates to many law enforcement related memorials and charities:
- Memorial & remembrance of fallen DPS Officers (Instrumental in forming the committee & raising funds for the fallen officer monument.)
- Supports the State and National Law Enforcement Fallen Officers Memorials
- 100 Club of Arizona
Annual AZTroopers activities include:
- DPS fallen officers memorial and luncheon in Phoenix
- Golf tournament & banquet
- Bass fishing tournament
- Christmas Bear Program
Giving Back to Arizona
Our association works hard everyday to volunteer with other charities that provide valuable resources to people in need, including Special Olympics, Stop Domestic Abuse, Concerns of Police Survivors and others. Your donations allow us to continue our work and supply funds to our members in the form of scholarships and donations during times of crisis.
Our Christmas Bear Program
Make a donation to our Christmas Bears program!
The mission of the program is to carry out an activity that demonstrates children are the association’s most important responsibility. The tremendous joy that is brought to the hospital patients with the bears is only a part of the benefit that results from the program. It also helps AZTroopers establish a communication mechanism to have children better understand that police officers are helpers & protectors. Witnessing the faces of those receiving the teddy bears is all that one needs to know the program is making a positive difference in many lives.
The program has exceeded over 2,150 bears each year that are delivered to patients in over 32 statewide medical centers, domestic violence shelters, hospice and a head-start program on the Hopi Tribal Reservation.
We also host raffles each year to generate funds
we donate to other charities
The mission for our annual community fundraiser is to utilize the great reputation of Arizona’s finest at the Department of Public Safety to enhance the well-being of our communities. Since 1993, AZTroopers has granted nearly $1 million to local non-profit organizations and police families because of your participation in the raffle!
The association presented 11 scholarships to the children of members attending Arizona colleges in 2015. That is three more scholarships awarded over last year because of raffle participation! Additional scholarships are a needed for our college-bound children, as each year the number of applicants increases.
Money from the raffle is able to provide financial assistance to law enforcement families in need. It has helped our DPS fallen officer’s survivors, from funeral to travel expenses. AZTroopers members are able to deliver comfort bears to sick children all over the state of Arizona during the Christmas holidays. Raffle funds additionally go to Arizona’s 100 Club, Concerns of Police Survivors, Make-A-Wish and other non-profits and causes that have a positive impact on law enforcement and Arizona.
The drawing is held in December each year at the AZTroopers’ meeting. You do not need to be present to win!
Our Scholarship Programs
HELPING BUILD THE ROAD FOR OUR COLLEGE-BOUND KIDS
Does your son or daughter need money for college?
AZTroopers awards THOUSANDS of dollars in scholarships each year!
Simply read through the eligibility requirements on the next tab and you can fill out the application online. You can attach/upload all of the necessary documents with your application.
Once complete you will be notified that your application was received and entered into the application process. Please follow all instructions carefully and supply all necessary documents for your application to be successfully submitted to the committee.
- Applicants must be the dependent son or daughter of an active officer, civilian, retired or deceased member of the Arizona State Troopers Association. Member must have five (5) years in the Arizona State Troopers Association for dependent to qualify for the scholarship* and continue as a member in good standing during the time the scholarship is in effect.
- Applicants must be under the age of 24 and at least a high school senior at time of application.
- Selection for scholarship will be made by the Association Scholarship Committee based upon the following criteria:
Grade point average, must be minimum of 3.0 GPA,
Letters of recommendation,
Enrollment as a full-time student as defined by attending college/university,
Is or will be an undergraduate
- The scholarship monies will be distributed to the college/university, 1/2 of the awarded amount per semester.
- Applicants must plan on earning their undergraduate degree within four (4) years.
- Applications must be received no later than March 15 to be accepted for the following school year.
- Scholarship selections will be announced no later than the May Arizona State Troopers Association
- The Arizona State Troopers Association will award a minimum of six (6) scholarships. Scholarships are awarded for attendance at any accredited college or university in the United States. Additional scholarships may be provided through the Association or private donations.
Required Attachments: (copies are acceptable – submitted information cannot be returned)
- Resume TO INCLUDE but is not limited to: work history, community service, hobbies & other interests
- Two (2) CURRENT signed letters of recommendation from persons other than a relative – must know the applicant for more than 2 years.
- Applicant’s most recent high school transcript or a copy of their GED
- Transcripts from all college courses attended
- Personal essay prepared by the applicant TO INCLUDE but is not limited to information on family, career goal and plan to achieve career goal, interests, community service and why the applicant deserves the Arizona State Troopers Association Essay to be least 300, but not more than 1,000 words.
Acknowledgment and Signature:
- I certify that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge
- I hereby give consent to the AZTROOPERS, its agents, employees, or designees to verify the contents of this application with any individual, government, educational institution or other entity.
- I understand that the AZTROOPERS may request additional information and/or request me to appear for an interview to determine my suitability for an award
- I agree to share and allow the release and publication of my name, photo and likeness, GPA and application information when necessary, and give my permission for the AZTROOPERS to share this information for the purpose of recruitment or public relations
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to keep the AZTROOPERS informed of any address or contact information changes
- I understand that all application material becomes the property of the AZTROOPERS and cannot be returned
I certify that I have read this application and I accept all the conditions herein
Would you like to apply for one of our scholarships?
(The application process runs from January 1st to March 15th each year. Applications are only accepted during this period.)
Our Current Scholarship Award Winners
Displaying 9 - 16 of 18
University of Arizona's College of Fine Arts
Arizona State University
Kristin Paige Martzke
University of Arizona
Naomi K Nyboer
Marian University - Wisconsin
Arizona State University
Chad August Philpot
Northern Arizona University
Ariela Maya Preciado
University of Arizona
Rachel M Richardson
Arizona State Univeristy
Make a specialty donation to AZtroopers Charities!
If you would like to help and make a difference for the organizations and causes we support, please take a moment and make a donation today using the button below. Your donation will give joy and much needed funds to those that need it most.