Please read all information below before beginning the form.
HELPING BUILD THE ROAD FOR OUR COLLEGE-BOUND KIDS
Does your son or daughter need money for college?
AZTroopers awards THOUSANDS of dollars in scholarships each year!
Simply read through the eligibility requirements on the next tab and you can fill out the application online. You can attach/upload all of the necessary documents with your application.
Once complete you will be notified that your application was received and entered into the application process. Please follow all instructions carefully and supply all necessary documents for your application to be successfully submitted to the committee.
- Applicants must be the dependent son or daughter of an active officer, civilian, retired or deceased member of the Arizona State Troopers Association. Member must have five (5) years in the Arizona State Troopers Association for dependent to qualify for the scholarship* and continue as a member in good standing during the time the scholarship is in effect.
- Applicants must be under the age of 24 and at least a high school senior at time of application.
- Selection for scholarship will be made by the Association Scholarship Committee based upon the following criteria:
Grade point average, must be minimum of 3.0 GPA,
Letters of recommendation,
Enrollment as a full-time student as defined by attending college/university,
Is or will be an undergraduate
- The scholarship monies will be distributed to the college/university, 1/2 of the awarded amount per semester.
- Applicants must plan on earning their undergraduate degree within four (4) years.
- Applications must be received no later than March 15 to be accepted for the following school year.
- Scholarship selections will be announced no later than the May Arizona State Troopers Association Meeting.
- The Arizona State Troopers Association will award a minimum of six (6) scholarships. Scholarships are awarded for attendance at any accredited college or university in the United States. Additional scholarships may be provided through the Association or private donations.
Required Attachments: (copies are acceptable – submitted information cannot be returned)
- Resume TO INCLUDE but is not limited to: work history, community service, hobbies & other interests
- Two (2) CURRENT signed letters of recommendation from persons other than a relative – must know the applicant for more than 2 years.
- Applicant’s most recent high school transcript or a copy of their GED
- Transcripts from all college courses attended
- Personal essay prepared by the applicant TO INCLUDE but is not limited to information on family, career goal and plan to achieve career goal, interests, community service and why the applicant deserves the Arizona State Troopers Association Essay to be least 300, but not more than 1,000 words.
Acknowledgment and Signature:
- I certify that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge
- I hereby give consent to the AZTROOPERS, its agents, employees, or designees to verify the contents of this application with any individual, government, educational institution or other entity.
- I understand that the AZTROOPERS may request additional information and/or request me to appear for an interview to determine my suitability for an award
- I agree to share and allow the release and publication of my name, photo and likeness, GPA and application information when necessary, and give my permission for the AZTROOPERS to share this information for the purpose of recruitment or public relations
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to keep the AZTROOPERS informed of any address or contact information changes
- I understand that all application material becomes the property of the AZTROOPERS and cannot be returned
I certify that I have read this application and I accept all the conditions herein
Scholarship applications are taken between January 1st and March 15th each year for the following period. The current period has expired and will re-open on January 1st.