After the pension bill passed the committees last week, Arizona Police Association (APA) members groups agreed that the solutions we (police and fire organizations) proposed to sustain the retirement fund fell on deaf ears. We have taken every step to be proactive in sustaining PSPRS, and be a part of a solution. APA affiliates voted last week to roll-out a campaign in order help educate the public on the truth about our benefits and pensions. Help us engage the community! Encourage family and friends to understand and advocate for our profession. AHPA is proud to be a part of positive program to help the citizens we serve understand SB 1609. The impact of this bill will have lasting effects on public safety services and financially strain retirees and the families of fallen officers. Help save our pension!
How you, your family, retirees and friends can help:
1. Check for updates and new content on http://www.respond4azpolice.com regularly.
2. Contact all members of the legislature & the Governor’s office. Help advocate for our profession. Let them know SB 1609 is unconstitutional, breaks promises to all current and retired PSPRS fund employees and will create costly lawsuits for Arizona. The impact of this bill will have lasting effects on public safety services and financially strain public safety retirees and the families of fallen officers.
3. Retirees & Veterans: Please consider calling or emailing your elected official and schedule a meeting. We are encouraging as many retirees as possible to meet face-to-face with their elected officials. CLICK HERE FOR YOUR DISTRICT & ELECTED OFFICIALS. If you are interested in speaking at a hearing, please email email@example.com.
4. Suggest our social media applications to friends and family.
Twitter: @Respond4AZPolice #Respond4AZPolice
5. Download graphics and posters to help display your support. You can find them on the website: www.Respond4AZPolice.com