1. Articles, outlines and visual presentations from the annual conference of the IACP Legal Officers Section are on the AELE website.
View at http://www.aele.org/los2013.html
2. An ACLU Senior Policy Analyst has written a paper on the police use of body worn cameras.
3. A new AELE Monthly Law Journal article is online.
* Prisoner Classification and Gang Activity
4. The Nov. 2013 issues of AELE’s three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, three 37-year case digests, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. SOS: Share Our Stuff! The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including handcuffing, false arrest, First Amendment, malicious prosecution, vehicle negligence, protection of informants and search and seizure.
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including bargaining agreements, disciplinary procedures, FMLA leave, handicap discrimination, national security, pay disputes, political activity, retaliation and wrongful termination.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
Eleven cases are discussed in this issue, including AIDS/HIV related, prisoner disability discrimination, first amendment, parole, PLRA three strikes rule, prisoner assault, prisoner death, religion, retaliation and sexual harassment.
5. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at two other free websites.
You are welcome to forward this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 34,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 34,000 case summaries, since 1975.
We also have three menus of the more than 34,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html