Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the DPS Local Retirement Board endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for the meeting, please contact Leanne Lunsford at (602) 223-2147. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
1. Approval of minutes of the April 30, 2020 meeting and the May 11, 2020 special session meeting.
2. Accidental Disability Retirement Application:
3. Executive Session – The Board may meet in Executive Session at the Department of Public Safety, Management Services Conference Room, Suite 260, 2102 W. Encanto Blvd. Phoenix, Arizona for the discussion of Agenda Item #2, pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(2) for purposes of discussion or consideration of records, information or testimony exempt by law from public inspection.
4. New Membership Applications:
Timothy Driskill, Joseph Lara, effective February 22, 2020 (pre-existing)
Anthony Carrubba, Grant Hamilton Jr., Faith Harmon, Brian Leverett, Tomas Long, and Tymon Reed, all effective March 14, 2020 (pre-existing).
Seth Turken, effective January 18, 2020.
Rachel Canelas, Calvin Forgach, Ryne Hedlund, Edward Ireton, Tucker Kilbourne, Clayton Kimbrough, Ivan Negrete, Donovan Rooks, Aiden Rosebeck, Benjamin Toledo Jr., and Matthew Turriff,
all effective February 22, 2020.
Andrew Anderson, Clay Bathrick, Cristian Cerda, Tanner Corbett, Devon Erickson, Andrew Evans, Shane Floyd, Mark Foote, Angel Gonzalez, Seth Hernandez, Kevin Loeffler, Nathaniel Lukaszewski,
Jesse Marquis, Connor Meredith, Douglas Milam, Chad Miller, Brandon Mitchell, Humberto Montiel-Felix, Aaron Prieto, Jesus Soto Rodriguez, Gabriel Ruiz, Jalon Spooner, Than Nhan Tran,
Andres Valencia, and Ishmil Wells, all effective March 14, 2020.
Shawn Kinsey, effective April 24, 2020
Christopher Freeman, effective May 2, 2020
5. Executive Session – The Board may meet in Executive Session at the Department of Public Safety, Management Services Conference Room, Suite 260, 2102 W. Encanto Blvd. Phoenix, Arizona for the discussion of Agenda Item #4, pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(2) for purposes of discussion or consideration of records, information or testimony exempt by law from public inspection.
6. Normal Retirement Applications:
Randall Narmi, effective July 10, 2020
7. Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP) Applications:
Greg Andersen, effective April 30, 2020
Luis Canez, effective May 31, 2020
Scott Hyatt, effective May 31, 2020
8. Termination of Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP)/Normal Retirement:
William Bullard, effective May 22, 2020
Douglas Wheeler, effective May 29, 2020
9. Termination of Retirement Benefit:
Wiley Barnes, deceased April 24, 2020
10. Surviving Spouse Benefit:
Billie Barnes, surviving spouse of Wiley Barnes, deceased April 24, 2020
(pending receipt of application)
11. Termination of Surviving Spouse Benefit:
Barbara Heap, surviving spouse of Ronald Heap, deceased April 13, 2020
12. New Business:
Disability Application information sheet.
13. Old Business:
Robert Bailey Accidental Disability Retirement Application
James Norris Accidental Disability Retirement Application
Michael Rushing Accidental Disability Retirement Application
Alan Olson Re-hearing
“Letter of Concern”
Ryan Rapp & Underwood PLC $3,300.00
DPS Local Retirement Board