Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the DPS Local Retirement Board endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for the meeting, please contact Leanne Lunsford at (602) 223-2147. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
1. Approval of minutes of the May 16, 2019 meeting.
2. Accidental Disability Retirement Application:
3. Executive Session – The Board may meet in Executive Session at the Department of Public Safety, Management Services Conference Room, Suite 260, 2102 W. Encanto Blvd. Phoenix, Arizona for the discussion of Agenda Item #2, pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A) (2) for purposes of discussion or consideration of records, information or testimony exempt by law from public inspection.
4. Normal Retirement Applications:
Casey Cernak, effective May 31, 2019
5. Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP) Applications:
Stephen Babcock, effective April 30, 2019
Chad Langley, effective April 30, 2019
Howard McDonald, effective May 31, 2019
Cosme Ibarra, effective June 30, 2019
6. Termination of Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP)/Normal Retirement:
Gary Phelps, effective June 28, 2019
Jeff Williamson, effective June 28, 2019
7. Termination of Retirement Benefit:
Carl Svob, deceased May 17, 2019
Richard T. Smith, deceased June 11, 2019
8. Surviving Spouse Benefit:
Connie Svob, surviving spouse of Carl Svob, deceased May 17, 2019.
Mary Smith, surviving spouse of Richard T. Smith, deceased June 11, 2019 (Pending Receipt of Application).
9. Termination of Surviving Spouse Benefit:
Mary K. Johnson, surviving spouse of Donald Johnson, deceased May 28, 2019.
10. Return to Work Retiree:
Mathew Glickman, retired August 17, 2017, returned to work May 18, 2019.
Craig Bowles, retired February 28, 2019, returned to work June 15, 2019.
11. New Business:
12. Old Business:
Biltmore Psychiatric Group, PLLC $4,000.00
Frank Griego, Chairman
DPS Local Retirement Board