Between recent line of duty deaths and critical incidents, public safety professionals never seem to catch a break. It has been a sobering reminder that we do not get to choose when bad things can happen. Disaster will happen again and we have to be vigilant.
The topic is not pleasant, but it is one we have to prepare for. As a member and employee of DPS, know that AHPA is there for you. Work and personal lives can be challenging, but we are here to make life a little easier. The Association is proud to provide you with outstanding benefits, catered especially for law enforcement. Here is a listing of services that come with your membership:
- $10,000 Life Insurance Policy
- $60,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment (sworn and civilian)
- Free estate and financial planning advice
- Home and auto insurance program with California Casualty
- Free legal consultations for members on any matter.
- Free Simple Wills, Medical Directives and Powers of Attorney to member and spouse
- Reduced hourly fees for legal matters not covered under scope of employment
- Referrals to legal practitioners in matters not covered within the scope of employment
- Continued access to Legal Defense Fund – a multi-million dollar legal fund only for law enforcement employees
- Criminal defense for matters occurring within the scope of employment
- Civil defense for matters occurring within the scope of employment
- Financial aid for members in need
- Scholarships for dependents
- AHPA 20 year ring (excess of $1,000 value)
- AHPA Forest Lakes Cabin for member usage
- Discounted services with Verizon Wireless
AHPA is here for you and your family, and these benefits are added security to help. Whether it is you, a spouse or family member, go to our website (www.AHPA.com), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), call the Association’s secretary or contact your district if you have any questions about the benefits available to you.
AHPA works year round to assist our members. Summer is time we recalibrate and plan for the upcoming year. We are looking forward to finalizing our legislative agenda for the next session. Count on employee pay raises as our number one legislative agenda item. Please contact your district representative with your legislative ideas. Additionally, any member is welcome to attend our monthly meetings on the third Wednesday of every month. For location and time, please check our website and RSVP with Colleen Girard (email@example.com).
AHPA is a strong because of our members. Your dedication to our profession and the Association is appreciated.
AHPA Executive Board