You can view this bulletin in color, with live links, at http://www.aele.org/alert-email.html
1. New PERF publication: The Police Response to Active Shooter Incidents (Mar. 2014).
2. New NIJ publication: Body-Worn Cameras for Criminal Justice: Market Survey (Mar. 2014).
3. New AELE Monthly Law Journal article: Civil Liability for the Use of Pepper Spray and Chemical Agents. Part 2 addresses OC in correctional settings, contains a list of policy suggestions (for police and corrections), and also has links to resource and reference materials.
4. The May 2014 issues of AELE’s three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
This issue has cases on domestic violence, ECWs (dart mode), failure to disclose evidence, false arrest, firearms related, First Amendment, and search & seizure.
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
This issue has cases on duty to bargain, firearms (restrictions on wearing), FLSA 7k exemption, handicap accommodation, marital status discrimination, security clearances, race discrimination, sex discrimination and sexual harassment.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
This issue has cases on medical care, PLRA (injunctive relief), assault by inmates, prisoner death/injury, restraints, suicide and religion.
5. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at two other free websites.
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 35,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 35,000 case summaries, since 1975.
We also have three menus of the more than 35,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
View or print our guide: How to Navigate AELE’s Online Law Libraries.
AELE uses Databack Systems LLC, a professional mail service, to maintain our e-mail lists. AELE and Databack will not rent or disclose your e-mail address to commercial vendors. E-mails from AELE are sent by firstname.lastname@example.org in plain text, and do not have attached files or contain advertising. Sign up for our monthly e-mail alerts at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html Encourage your colleagues to do so.