You can view this bulletin in color, with live links, at http://www.aele.org/alert-email.html
1. AELE has a new Monthly Law Journal article: Civil Liability for the Use of Pepper Spray, Tear Gas, and Chemical Agents.
2. The Apr. 2014 issues of AELE’s three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
This issue has cases on assault & battery, false arrest, firearms related, First Amendment, medical care, police plaintiffs, and search & seizure.
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
This issue has cases on demotions, disability benefits, handicap discrimination, pensions, retaliatory personnel action, search & seizure, sexual harassment, and workers’ compensation.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
This issue has cases on disability discrimination, ECWs, false imprisonment, force-feeding, medical care, assault by officer, religion, and segregation.
3. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at two other free websites.
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 35,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 35,000 case summaries, since 1975.
We also have three menus of the more than 35,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html